I had the pleasure of having both my daughter and grandaughter over this weekend. Amy came over on Friday when he other half had to take a trip to Melbourne for work. It's just so lovely to have them both over to hang out. We stayed up pretty late watching movies and just catching up. Annabelle is now a month old and just georgeous. She is such a good baby. Wakes up when she is hungry or wet and then just lies there and smiles (No Not wind). Saturday we got up about 10am got all our chores done then ventured out for our first girls day. It's is Amy's 20th birthday tomorrow so it was all about spoiling Amy. First we got her nails done then I took her and bought her a lovely new outfit and bag. She has really impressed me. She has taken to motherhood like a natural (unlike her mother). After a long day shopping back home we went. My friend Alisa came over with her daughter for the night. Champaign and trashy movies flowing all night I actually felt sorry for Craig. PS GIRLS: Give the Movie "P.S I Love you" a miss.... how depressing wow. Had a great night. Got up Sunday morning and off we were again to indoor soccer. As usual some of the girls decided not to show up so I had to convince Amy to take the field. I was so worried she was going to get hurt as it has only been a month since the C section. But she went really well. The rest of the day was made up of BBQ, Annabelle hugs and family over. All in all I had a great weekend. I just love my grand baby. It's true what they say... it's a different kind of love. Yes Lee is a happy girl. My daughter has finally found her calling. I decided in the new year that I would surround myself with positivity and it's really working. Craig had mentioned to me on several occations that I need to be more social & open to friendships. And he was right. We have a lovely group of friends now. The only problem is I'm too busy entertaining and being entertained that I have no time to scrap. Never mind I will just have to convert them to the whole scrapbooking thing.
1 comment:
Well that makes two of us... no time to scrap, but you have your sister to scrap gorgeous pics for you... and you know, since Amy turned out so good in the end, you really were a great mom too Lee.. From that picture of Amy in that scrap page your sister did, you can just tell that she is all about being a mom and she loves it.. HEY... how come I wasn't invited to the girls weekend???? :) Happy Birthday to your daughter!!
Post a Comment