
Today I experienced something really special & new. My boss organised a Life coach for all of the executives in the company. I had my first session tonight. I wasn't to sure about it all as I have no idea what it involves. Well I got there and met the lovely lady who is to be my coach... We sat and talked for a while and she found out what I want to work on in all facets of my life. At the end of the session she asked me if I wanted to continue the sessions once a week and I agreed it would be a good idea. I mean it can't hurt can it. I don't know if any of you have had an opportunity like this but I think she will help me through a few hurdles in both my working life and private. What sealed the deal was a story she told me at the end of the hour about a gold Buddha. To cut a long story short she said there is a old Tibetan folk story about a village which had a golden Buddha that another village was trying to steal. They covered it in mud to keep them from it. Generations later and with only 1 person from those time still alive some children were playing near the mud covered Buddha and managed to knock a piece of mud off revelling the gold beneath amazed at this the children set about chipping away it's mud prison to reveal it's true beauty within. She said everyone has a golden Buddha inside them they just have to chip away at the mud to see its true strengths and beauty. What a spin out. I thought "life coaching", personal trainers and things like that were for yuppies with too much time and money. I think I may have been wrong. I'll let you know when I finish my six sessions.
No comments:
Post a Comment