Monday, June 16, 2008

Lifes choice

This weeks quote comes from my life coach....

You can choose to be happy or right.


I choose to be happy what do you choose. I had a bit of a situation on Friday which I normally would of really reacted badly too. Yes I think I was right but is it really worth arguing the point. It's not about swallowing your pride or bending over and taking one for the team it's about calm and most of all happiness. So what if you have to bite your tongue and say yes when really you want to say no. It's called keeping the peace.
Everything is coming into line for me again. I have my best friend back whom I love and adore and would not want to face life without. Life is hard sometimes but is also so full of beautiful gifts.
I had a great weekend after making my choice on Friday. Normally I would have stewed on it all weekend and who wins then.
Friday we had our soccer team dinner which Craig and organised at the local cafe. Had a great turn up of about 30 people.
Saturday got up early even though Amy and I stayed up all night. Popped around to Jane's while she went to the doctors. Poor thing is as sick as a dog. Her Mum and I just lay on the bed and watched cooking shows. She is so funny that lady.... I love spending time with her. Got home about 2pm and got stuck into making the christening invites which took a while but they turned out lovely.
Sunday we had a great 5-0 win over our other soccer team which is always great seeing as they call them selves Revesby A (we always flog them). Had Mac Donald's for dinner (Oops) oh well haven't had it for a while.
So yes happy days. Had my grand baby and daughter for the weekend, a win, a great night and managed to help out a mate.... who could ask for more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lee,
I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that you and Janey made up, you are sisters, I mean come on... you're not just friends, you are sisters, she is the sister that God forgot to give you, so he gave you her later in life, she is so good for you, and you know what? YOU are so good for her Lee... You two have complete different personalities, you are both in different stages of your life, but... you compliment each other, you're perfect for each other, you have seen each other at the worst and you have seen each other at the best in life... You two rock. And you two rock together as a team. I have to completely agree with your message here as well, I have learned the hard way in life, that it's all about "picking your fights", you can't fight over everything, so you have to fight for the important stuff, I have learned to let so much go, and I'm still working on what is the important stuff and what stuff I should let go, but I have learned, that if anything is worth anything, it's worth fighting for, and your relationship with Janey, is soooooo worth fighting for. I have to tell you that it breaks my heart that I can't be there to meet Willie and to wrap my arms around him, I'm so sad that I never got to dance around with him or laugh at the things that Janey would always say he did... like dance for a cig. Please give that gorgeous granddaughter of yours a huge kiss for me, she's so gorgeous Lee, I could just eat her all gone. Okay and what is with the pig clock on your blog? LOL... I'm months behind on my blog, so I just give up and visit other blogs.
I hope you're well, drop me an email when you can.
Love always,
Tammy
PS... Please tell Janey I love her and I hope she gets better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Um.
I think this blog needs more baby pictures on it :)